Collections Notice and Privacy Statement
Panthera Leo Pty Ltd Collections Notice and Privacy Statement
Entity that collects personal information
Panthera Leo Pty Ltd ACN 604 197 275 (Australian Credit Licence 481816) trading as Australian Seniors Advisory Group (us or we) collects personal information and credit information and credit eligibility information (together, credit related information) about you. In certain circumstances, we may be required to collect personal information and credit related information from third parties. We can be contacted as follows:
Post: PO Box 3578, Australia Fair, QLD, 4215
Phone: 1300 002 724
Types of personal information we deal with
We may collect personal information from you either directly or indirectly. We will use, disclose and make accessible your personal information in accordance with our Privacy and Credit Reporting Policy, the Privacy Act 1988 and the Australian Privacy Principles.
You authorise us to give to and seek personal information about your credit arrangements or obtain a consumer or commercial credit report (or both) containing information about you from any credit reporting agency.
The personal information which we may collect, use or disclose includes (where applicable):
- your name, sex, date of birth, current address and last two addresses, current or last known employer and driver’s licence number;
- the fact that you propose to enter into a credit contract and any obligations you may have under the contract;
- that you have drawn cheques for $100.00 or more which have been dishonoured more than once; and
- that court judgments or bankruptcy orders have been made against you.
Your sensitive information, such as your health information, may also be disclosed where relevant to your credit application.
Further information that may be collected about you is set out in our Privacy and Credit Reporting Policy.
Giving and seeking credit reports and other information
You authorise us to give to and seek credit reports and other information about your credit arrangements from:
- any credit providers named in any application submitted by you; and
- any credit providers that may be named in a credit report issued by a credit reporting agency.
Your authorisation entitles us to exchange information about your credit worthiness, credit standing, credit history and credit capacity.
Accountants and government authorities
You also authorise your accountant to release and disclose your financial information to us or our agents and you authorise government authorities which hold your driver’s licence and/or motor vehicle registration information to confirm your address details to us or our authorised agents.
Circumstances of collection
We may collect information about you from the following sources:
- you directly, when you use our website, apply for credit from us or communicate with us by telephone, email or post;
- intermediaries who deal with us on your behalf (e.g. brokers);
- our service providers (e.g. bank statement data service providers, direct debit service providers);
- our related bodies corporate and associates; and
- credit reporting bodies.
Purposes of collection
Credit related information about you that we obtain from a credit reporting agency or a credit provider may be used by us for the following purposes:
- to assess your credit worthiness and any application by you;
- to collect payments that are overdue;
- to notify a credit provider if you breach any obligations you may have under the credit contract;
- to exchange personal information with other credit providers as to the status of your account where you are in breach of a contract with a credit provider;
- to enable an insurer to assess the risk of providing insurance to us or to address our contractual arrangements with the insurer;
- to allow a credit reporting agency to create a file about you;
- to administer your account; and
- any other purpose permitted or required by law.
Personal information (other than credit related information) that we collect about you may be used or disclosed by us for the following purposes:
- to administer your account;
- providing you with a product or service;
- to give you information about a product or service;
- to develop our product offerings and business practices (including by disclosing information to third parties for analysis and reporting);
- marketing, including direct marketing;
- for recommending particular products or services based on information we collect from you;
- to perform functions which are necessary for our business, including conducting credit checks on you; and
- to comply with any legal or regulatory obligations imposed on us.
Consequences of not providing information
If you do not provide some or all of the information requested by us:
- we may not be able to provide credit or advance funds to you;
- you may not be able to access all or part of our website; and
- you may net be kept up to date with changes in the services that we offer or the way that we provide services.
Disclosure of personal information
We may disclose personal information about you to the following kinds of persons:
- our related bodies corporate and associates;
- agents, contractors and other service providers we engage to carry out functions or activities in connection with our business (e.g. information technology service providers, marketing suppliers, lawyers, debt collectors);
- entities involved in giving effect to electronic payments, such as banks, payment system operators and other financial institutions;
- real estate agents, valuers and insurers;
- regulatory bodies, law enforcement bodies, government agencies and courts/tribunals;
- credit reporting bodies; and
- anyone else that you authorise us to disclose personal information to or are required by law to disclose personal information to.
Credit-related personal information
We may disclose personal information that is credit related information about you to CRBs in accordance with the Privacy Act. This will help us assess the validity of your information and is not a credit check. CRBs to which we may disclose personal information about you include:
|illion||Website: www.checkyourcredit.com.au Phone: 1300 734 806|
|Equifax||Website: www.equifax.com.au Phone: 1300 762 207|
|Experian Australia Credit Services Pty Ltd||Website: www.experian.com.au Phone: 1300 783 684|
A CRB to whom we disclose person information about you may include the information in reports provided to other credit providers to assist them to assess your creditworthiness.
If you fail to meet your payment obligations in relation to credit that we provide to you or commit a serious credit infringement, we may be entitled to disclose this fact to a CRB. This sort of information may affect your ability to get credit from other lenders.
A copy of our Privacy and Credit Reporting Policy, which sets out our policy about the management of credit related information, is available on our website. You may obtain a copy of the Privacy and Credit Reporting Policy of any CRB to whom we may disclose information from that CRB’s website or by contacting that CRB.
You have rights under the Privacy Act to:
- request that we give you access to credit related information about you that we hold;
- request that we correct credit related information, or information derived from credit information, about you that we hold, if you believe that the information is inaccurate, out-of-date, incomplete, irrelevant or misleading; and/or
- to complain to us about any breach of the Privacy Act that you believe we may have committed.
You may request the following from any CRB by contacting that CRB directly:
- that the CRB not use credit reporting information about you for the purpose of pre-screening your eligibility to receive direct marketing communications from us or any other credit provider; and
- that the CRB not use or disclose credit reporting information about you, if you believe on reasonable grounds that you have been, or are likely to be, a victim of fraud (including identity fraud).
Personal Property Securities Register
You authorise us to search the Personal Property Securities Register for registrations against you for the purposes of credit assessment.
Ownership of information
We own any information that we collect in connection with your credit contract in accordance with terms of the credit contract.
Marketing and other purposes
You authorise us, our agents and contractors to use your personal information for marketing, planning and product development purposes by us or our related companies. You can request not to receive direct marketing communications by contacting our Privacy Officer at email@example.com.
Information you provide about others
Our Privacy and Credit Reporting Policy
We will deal with personal information and credit related information about you in accordance with our Privacy and Credit Reporting Policy.
Our Privacy and Credit Reporting Policy contains information about how you may:
- access the personal information and credit related information about you that we hold;
- seek correction of personal information or credit related information about you that we hold,
- complain about a breach of the Australian Privacy Principles, or a registered APP code (if any) that binds us, and how we will deal with such a complaint; and
Privacy Consent and Acknowledgement
I/we agree that you may collect and use my/our personal information as set out in the Collections Notice and Privacy and Credit Reporting Policy and may use my/our personal information for direct marketing purposes.
I/we consent to Panthera Leo Pty Ltd disclosing personal information about me to any service providers it engages to assist providing services to me, including where these providers may be located outside of Australia.
I/we authorise Panthera Leo Pty Ltd to request access to information about me from credit reporting bodies and to use such information in the manner set out in the Collections Notice and Privacy and Credit Reporting Policy.
I/we acknowledge that I/we have received copies of the Collections Notice and Privacy and Credit Reporting Policy.