Making your grandkid happy through a gift this Christmas is a hard decision since you cannot always predict the minds of the new generation. As a grandparent, making your grandkids feel special this Christmas season is your own happiness too.
Imagine looking at their wide smiles and shimmering eyes once you fulfil their dream gift this Christmas. Additionally, their warm hugs are the best warmer that a grandparent can receive during this season of giving.
Since Christmas is almost knocking at our doors, you must be planning ahead your gift for your grandkids. It is hard to buy gifts days before Christmas and there is a tendency for the best items to be sold out. So, read on.
Gift receiver checklist
To make it easy for you to decide what is the best gift for your grandkids this season, identify first the charming receiver.
It is important to give them gifts that are suitable for their age. Do not give harmful toys to toddlers. There are toy manufacturers that label their toy packages on what age that toy is suitable for, you can depend on that.
Also, buy only non-toxic toys for your grandkids, meaning it is made from sturdy materials and lead paint-free. Make sure all toy parts are larger than their mouth to prevent choking.
It is better to understand the interest of your grandkids before buying a gift for them. To know their interests, you have to ask people or observe when you’re with them. Here are the following guide questions for you to easily understand things that they are really fond of.
- What makes them happy?
- What keeps their attention?
- What makes them excited?
- How do they spend most of their time?
- In what area are they striving?
Once you answer all those questions, you will probably get a gift idea that your grandkids will truly appreciate this Christmas.
Understandable that this is somehow part of your grandkids’ interest but to understand it well, it is important to know their favourites. It will give you an idea of what to choose among the same items in the store. This includes their favourite colour, scent, flavour, food, pet, cartoon character, etc.
Now that you have an idea about choosing gifts for your beloved grandkids, now we gathered some gift ideas that they may truly appreciate this Christmas.
There are more gifts around the corner that your kids will truly appreciate. Make sure that the gift that you will be purchasing this Christmas is within the budget.
These gifts are mostly personalised and the best to give to your grandkids who love sentimental things — for those who appreciate the thought of the gift over the price of it. Sentimental gifts may include:
- A necklace. The names of you and your grandkid can be engraved on the pendant.
- Jigsaw puzzle. But instead of scenery, you can make it more personalised by using your family picture printed on it.
- Personalised aprons. One for you and one for your grandkid. Make sure that you have your names printed on each apron. You can make baking sessions more special while using these personalised aprons.
- Instax mini cameras. These are the best gift for sentimental kids who really want to capture the real-time moment and print it in an instant. Also, the best gift for your grandkids who are turning their teenage years.
Grandkids in the toddler ages will surely love toys. The best tip is to not expose your kids to gadgets at an early age so that they can enjoy their life as a kid. Here are the best toys to gift this Christmas:
- Fluffy bears. These toys are best to give your grandkids this Christmas since they can also be used as hugsies during sleeping time. Every time they’re hugging their fluffy bears, they always remember the presence of their grandparents.
- Dolls. It will always be the little princess’ favourite. Gifting it with a doll house can complete the set.
- Collectibles of their favourite TV show or movie characters. One example is funko pop.
- Play kitchen. For kids who are interested in cooking, you can grant their dreams by giving these to them. Perhaps you are preparing your future chef.
- Water gun. Still, these toys will surely be appreciated by your grandkids since Christmas is also summertime.
Kids nowadays have gadgets such as cellphones, laptops, cameras, portable PlayStation, speakers, earphones, etc. This is the most requested by grandkids ages 10 and above. But before giving, make sure that you will be having an agreement about their limitations in using it.
ASAG Reverse Mortgage – The gift of smile to your grandkids
This year’s Christmas is now open for family gatherings, and a hug from your grandkids can even fix any problem and conflicts of the whole year. If you’re out of budget and want to grant your grandkids’ wish this Christmas, the ASAG Reverse Mortgage is here to the rescue.
Use the equity in your home and use the fund to buy gifts for your grandkids this Christmas. Not only that, if their wish is education, you can use the money to grant it to them. Your Retirement Plan is not only for yourself but it can also benefit your grandkids.
Don’t you worry because with our reverse mortgage, there are no ongoing payments as the loan can be paid off once you downsize, move to residential care, or pass away.
Our lines are open on 1300 002 724 and at firstname.lastname@example.org, so feel free to call us or send your enquiries about our equity release solutions.
You may also get started with your own equity assessment by using our tool below.